NatHab booking process desktop and mobile screens overlay an image of a dark-haired man with a red backpack pauses to look at a mountain view while hiking. NatHab booking process desktop and mobile screens overlay an image of a dark-haired man with a red backpack pauses to look at a mountain view while hiking.

Client

Natural Habitat Adventures

Industry

Travel

Our Role

Information Architecture, UX Design, UI Design

ALL SOLUTIONS

Natural Habitat Adventures Booking Portal

The client

Natural Habitat Adventures specializes in providing ecotourism and luxury wildlife experiences to small groups of passionate explorers. Its innovative approach to travel and personal attention to detail creates long-term relationships between the company and its customers.

The challenge

Because their tours offer so much customization, Natural Habitat Adventures had been relying solely on a sales team to complete bookings over the phone. Company leaders recognized that adding an online booking option could increase acquisitions within younger demographics less inclined to call, while providing an opportunity to reduce call volumes experienced by their customer service and sales teams. The ultimate goal: satisfy 80% of booking needs online with the remaining 20% of customization handled post-purchase by a sales team member. Any solution should blend seamlessly with their existing website.

Our response

Skyward began by analyzing Nathab's existing booking process. We documented the steps taken by the sales representatives and the variables associated with the most complex available trips, and separated the consistent steps from the outliers. For example, every trip requires the traveler to select the number and size of beds needed, but not every trip allows the selection of a specific room, as sometimes accommodations will vary based on availability. We collaborated with Nathab team members to narrow down the functionality that would be handled by the booking portal and created process flows of the user experience from initial engagment to payment submission.

Section of the booking process flow diagram walking through the user experience. Section of the booking process flow diagram walking through the user experience.

Section of the booking process flow diagram walking through the user experience.

Wireframes were built to further flesh out the functionality of each step within the booking process, followed by full color designs based on Nathab's style guide. Upon approval, Skyward delivered full documentation and ongoing support to the development team to help achieve a successful launch.

The client has seen a dramatically positive response from customers, and is continuing to explore additional features for further optimization.

Collage of the Nathab Booking Portal room selection process, calendar, and confirmation screens. Collage of the Nathab Booking Portal room selection process, calendar, and confirmation screens.